Call For Speakers – NOW OPEN!
Summit: November 7-8, 2013
Post-Summit Courses: November 9-14, 2013
The Dupont Circle Hotel
1500 New Hampshire Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20036, USA
The SANS Pen Test Hackfest Training Event and Summit is an ideal way to take your penetration testing and vulnerability assessment skills to an entirely new level, as an attendee or as a speaker. Featuring top-rated, industry-leading experts sharing their best tips and advice, this must-attend event is focused on building your skills to provide high value in your penetration testing and vulnerability assessment work. Other hacker and pen test conferences cover interesting hacks, but only the SANS Pen Test Hackfest is focused on imparting skills you can directly apply to your next project.
With two days of in-depth Summit presentations followed by your choice of SANS top-rated six-day penetration testing courses, the SANS Pen Test Hackfest Training Event and Summit is the place to be in November in Washington, DC. The five best reasons to attend this event are:
- Lots of NetWars: This event will include FOUR full evenings of NetWars hands-on Capture the Flag challenges, doubling the amount of NetWars time over a traditional SANS conference.
- Coin-a-palooza: For participants who have taken a given SANS course in the past, but have not won the Capture the Flag challenge coin for that course, this event will offer the ability to catch up on the coins by participating in the four nights of NetWars challenges. You’ll have an opportunity to win up to 4 challenge coins for your collection.
- First CyberCity Missions ever at a SANS Event: The SANS CyberCity project helps teach cyber warriors that computer and network activities can have major kinetic impact. With its power grid, traffic lights, and water reservoir included in a physical model city, participants access and gain control over these assets, preventing attackers from wreaking havoc. This event will include a full evening session of CyberCity missions, the first time SANS has offered access to CyberCity at a conference!
- Summit: Two full-days of in-depth presentations chock full of cutting-edge penetration testing topics focused on helping you provide technical excellence and real business value in your vulnerability assessment and penetration testing work.
- Training: Six days of deep SANS training in real-world penetration techniques you can use immediately when you return to your job, with classes including network pen testing (560), advanced pen testing, exploits, and ethical hacking (660), mobile device security (575) and advanced web app pen testing (642)
More details about this truly special event are available at: http://www.sans.org/event/pen-test-hack-fest-2013
The SANS Pen Test Hackfest Training Event and Summit Call for Speakers is now open. If you are interested in presenting or participating on a panel, we are looking for:
- innovative tips & tricks,
- useful and powerful techniques,
- and user-presented case studies…
…All with communicable lessons that attendees can apply directly in their penetration testing and vulnerability assessment work.
The Pen Test Summit offers speakers opportunities for exposure and recognition as industry leaders. If you have something substantive, challenging, and original to offer, we urge you to submit a talk proposal. Reasons to present at this event include:
- Promotion of your speaking session and company recognition via the Pen Test website and all printed materials.
- Visibility via the Pen Test post-event presentation email link for many months following the Summit.
- Badge to attend all 2-day Summit sessions.
- Private speaker lunch.
- Speakers may also be recorded and made available via the Internet to a wider audience (at the discretion of SANS).
If you are interested please send the following:
Speaker Contact Information
Address, phone number, email address
Your biography should be approximately 160 words. You may include your current position, titles, areas of professional expertise, experience, awards, degrees, personal information, etc.
The presentation abstract should outline your presentation and what attendees will learn. All content must be strictly educational. Also, the presentation should be relevant to penetration testing techniques and approaches in enterprise environments, with ideas and skills that can be directly applied in pen test and vuln assessment projects.
Session/panel length: 60 minutes
Presentation: 50-55 minutes
Question & Answer: 5-10 minutes
Call for Speakers – Now Open
Submit your submissions to PenTestCFP@sans.org by July 5th, 2013.