With every SANS Pen Test Challenge Coin comes a story. In addition to symbolizing achievement and knowledge, a Pen Test Challenge Coin is a physical manifestation of the keyboard skills demonstrated by the winners of our course’s Capture-the-Flag exercise.
The front of the SEC460: Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability Assessment challenge coin carries the SEC460 logo and title. Great Vulnerability Assessors require an unwavering, burning passion to overcome the endless river of vulnerability data that major corporate networks are inundated with. The SEC460 logo represents this enthusiastic perseverance and attention to detail, the hallmarks of any excellent vulnerability team.
Hands-on labs and challenges are all conducted on a cyber range featuring the components of a large corporate environment. To represent this leap into the deep, dark, and unknown corners of large-scale network environments, the rear of the coin is adorned with an image of the HMS Enterprise – a vessel whose very name attests to daring military engagements.
The reverse side of the coin carries the SEC460 slogan: We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. A defining and shared experience of all Vulnerability Assessors is the constantly shifting corporate environments we are charged to protect. While we may not be able to define the direction our organizations take, we are endowed with the opportunity to observe and think opportunistically in protecting them.
Like all other Pen Test coins before it, the SEC460: Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability Assessment challenge coin is its own challenge. The cipher itself connects to the nautical history of the image of the vessel above it. Who will be the first to crack it?
SEC460: Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
How do you protect an organization with 1,000+ nodes from the crippling damage of wide-spread malware like WannaCry and NotPetya? Our brand-new 400-level course is designed to help you and your organization detect, prioritize, and mitigate enterprise-scale vulnerabilities.
Syllabus & Training Schedule: https://www.sans.org/course/enterprise-threat-vulnerability-assessment
Register for this brand-new course today!
Upcoming SANS Special Event – 2018 Holiday Hack Challenge
SANS Holiday Hack Challenge – KringleCon 2018
- Free SANS Online Capture-the-Flag Challenge
- Our annual gift to the entire Information Security Industry
- Designed for novice to advanced InfoSec professionals
- Fun for the whole family!!
- Build and hone your skills in a fun and festive roleplaying like video game, by the makers of SANS NetWars
- Learn more: www.kringlecon.com
- Play previous versions from free 24/7/365: www.holidayhackchallenge.com
- “On to level 4 of the #holidayhackchallenge. Thanks again @edskoudis / @SANSPenTest team.” – @mikehodges
- “#SANSHolidayHack Confession – I have never used python or scapy before. I got started with both today because of this game! Yay!” – @tww2b
- “Happiness is watching my 12 yo meet @edskoudis at the end of #SANSHolidayHack quest. Now the gnomes #ProudHackerPapa” – @dnlongen