We’re delighted to announce a new Twitter-based contest here with a fantastic prize. And, participating in this one is really easy. Check it out!
SANS Pen Test HackFest Summit & Training is coming back for another year of exciting hands-on learning opportunities in Crystal City, VA, November 2-9! We throw everything we’ve got into this extra special event, including:
- Two days of in-depth talks Hear from 20+ prominent security practitioners as they share ideas and solutions to today’s most important cybersecurity challenges.
- Seven world-class information security courses Take an immersion-style, hands-on SANS course taught by top information security experts.
- Netwars, Netwars, NetWars! THREE full evenings of SANS NetWars challenges; FREE to Summit and course attendees!
- Coin-a-Palooza Here is your chance to earn up to five different SANS Pen Test Challenge Coins for your collection!
- SANS CyberCity Hands-on access to our 1:87 scale ICS/SCADA enabled model city. Save the fictional residents of CyberCity from the clutches of nefarious attackers.
- Super-Secret Field Trip Last year’s trip to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum was unforgettable. This year, we’ve got something just as special planned! You just gotta be there!
The prize for the SANS HackFest Twitter contest is free admission to the two-day Summit on November 2-3. You’ll experience some great talks, learn immediately applicable information, participate in a NetWars evening, and attend the Super-Secret Field Trip.
How do you enter? It’s easy – just snap a picture of yourself with one of the items listed below and tweet the photo mentioning @SANSPenTest with the hashtag #SANSHackFest. Contest runs September 8 – September 16.
Contest entry items:
– Your best memory from the SANS HackFest in prior years, if you joined us, or…
– Photo of yourself holding a SANS Pen Test Challenge Coin (Just the front!!! Not the back with its sooper sekret cipher) or Coin Sticker, or…
– Photo of yourself wearing a SANS Pen Test T-shirt or NetWars shirt, or…
– Photo of yourself with a SANS sticker or last year’s HackFest sticker, or…
– Photo of yourself with any SANS item (book, shirt, etc.), or…
– Photo of yourself with this SANS pen test website visible (in a browser, on a screen, or even printed out on paper)
Each person that tweets a memory or a photo will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat at the SANS HackFest Summit November 2-3. The contest ends on September 16, 2016 and we will announce the winner on September 19, 2016. The more creative the memory or photo, the better! Anything goes, just keep it clean and family friendly. Some more detailed rules follow below.
Have fun & good luck!
1. Entry: Contest begins on Thursday, September 8, 2016 and ends Friday, September 16, 2016. Responses must be submitted by 9:00 pm EDT on September 16. Each participant may enter an arbitrary number of times for the challenge.
- Prize: Each person that correctly submits a photo including the hashtag #SANSHackFest will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat at the SANS HackFest Summit this November. SANS will choose only one winner. The seat is transferable to another in the same organization/company. The winner will be chosen on September 19th and will be notified via Twitter.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the contest depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received in the contest period, regardless of method of participation.
- Release of Liability: SANS is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures.