by Ed Skoudis
PowerShell really is amazing, and comes in handy for all kinds of infosec tasks, from defense to analysis to offense. In my SANS Security 560 course, we cover PowerShell as a post-exploitation language, with all kinds of nifty tips and tricks for using it. When I teach the class, though, I notice that many students are fairly new to PowerShell’s awesomeness.
To help people build their PowerShell skills, Phil Smith and I created this PowerShell cheat sheet (with some great input from Tim Medin and Jeff McJunkin too), containing some of the essential items needed to use PowerShell effectively. In essence, this cheat sheet is what I wish I had when I started learning PowerShell. I hope you enjoy it, especially the 5 PowerShell Essentials section!
Download it by clicking this link: PowerShellCheatSheet_v4
Have fun PowerShell’ing.
Pen Test Cheat Sheets:
SANS Pen Test Training:
- SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking – our core penetration testing course.
- SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking – learn web application penetration testing.
Upcoming SANS Special Event – 2018 Holiday Hack Challenge
SANS Holiday Hack Challenge – KringleCon 2018
- Free SANS Online Capture-the-Flag Challenge
- Our annual gift to the entire Information Security Industry
- Designed for novice to advanced InfoSec professionals
- Fun for the whole family!!
- Build and hone your skills in a fun and festive roleplaying like video game, by the makers of SANS NetWars
- Learn more: www.kringlecon.com
- Play previous versions from free 24/7/365: www.holidayhackchallenge.com
- “On to level 4 of the #holidayhackchallenge. Thanks again @edskoudis / @SANSPenTest team.” – @mikehodges
- “#SANSHolidayHack Confession – I have never used python or scapy before. I got started with both today because of this game! Yay!” – @tww2b
- “Happiness is watching my 12 yo meet @edskoudis at the end of #SANSHolidayHack quest. Now the gnomes #ProudHackerPapa” – @dnlongen