Hey folks… check this out!
We’re delighted to announce a Twitter-based contest here with a fantastic prize. And, participating in this one is really easy.
On November 16th through 23rd, SANS will be running our third annual Pen Test HackFest Summit and Training event in Washington DC. We throw everything we’ve got into this extra special event, including:
- Two days of amazing,in-depth talks by leading minds of the industry, who will give you insight into the offensive tools and tactics being used today to discover an organization’s vulnerabilities to potential adversaries.
- Six days of training, with six different classes to choose from.
- Three nights of NetWars Tournament challenges for hands-on fun and learning.
- One night of CyberCity missions, where you’ll be defending critical infrastructures against attacks, preventing city-wide mayhem.
- Coin-A-Palooza: A chance to earn up to FIVE SANS Pen Test coins for your collection.
- One Super-Secret Special Evening: On Nov 17, we’ll be taking a mind-blowing field trip to a clandestine location for a fun-filled hacking adventure. You don’t wanna miss this. You’ll get a chance to brag to all your friends that you were there when this happened.
The prize for our new Twitter contest is FREE admission to the two-day session at the start of the HackFest on Nov 16-17. You’ll experience some great talks, learn super useful information, participate in a NetWars evening Nov 16, and join us on the Amazing Secret Special Evening Nov 17.
How do you enter? It’s easy — just snap a picture of yourself with one of the items listed below and tweet the photo to @SANSPenTest with the hashtag #SANSHackFest. Contest runs Friday, September 25 – Friday, October 2:
– Photo of yourself holding a SANS Pen Test Challenge Coin (Just the front!!! Not the back with its sooper sekret cipher) or Coin Sticker or NetWars Sticker.
– Photo of yourself wearing a SANS Pen Test T-shirt or NetWars T-shirt
– Photo of yourself with any SANS item (book, shirt, etc.)
– Photo of yourself with this SANS Pen Test website visible (in a browser, on a screen, or even printed out on paper)
– Photo of yourself with a SANS instructor or SANS staff (if you are at DerbyCon, feel free to stop by the SANS booth and snap a shot with Ed Skoudis, Micah Hoffman, or Jason Blanchard).
Each person who tweets a photo with the #SANSHackFest hashtag will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one FREE admission to the Pen Test HackFest Summit Nov 16-17. The contest ends on Friday, October 2, 2015 and we will announce the winner on Friday, October 2, 2015 at 5pm EST via twitter. The more creative the photo, the better…anything goes, just keep it clean and family friendly. Some more detailed rules follow below.
Have fun & good luck!
- Entry: Contest begins on Friday, September 25, 2015 and ends Friday, October 2, 2015. Responses must be submitted by 4:00pm EST on Friday, October 2. Each participant may enter an arbitrary number of times for the challenge.
- Prize: Each person that correctly submits a photo including the hashtag #SANSHackFest will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat at the Pen Test HackFest Summit this November. SANS will choose only one winner. The seat is transferable to another in the same organization/company. The winner will be chosen on Friday, October 2 and will be notified via Twitter.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the contest depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received in the contest period, regardless of method of participation.
- Release of Liability: SANS Institute is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures.