The 12th annual SANS Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) Summit is the most comprehensive DFIR event of the year, bringing together an influential group of experts, immersion-style training, and industry networking opportunities in one place.
Summit talks will explore real-world applications of technologies and solutions from all aspects of the fields of digital forensics and incident response. All talks should be technical and specific and provide actionable takeaways.
The DFIR Summit offers speakers the opportunity to present their latest tools, findings, and methodologies to their DFIR industry peers. If you have something substantive, challenging, and original to offer, you are encouraged to submit a proposal.
We are looking for proposed presentations on topics including, but not limited to:
- Case studies in Digital Forensics, Incident Response, or Media Exploitation that solve a unique problem or case study
- New forensic or analysis tools and techniques
- Discussions of new artifacts related to Cloud, Smartphones, Windows, and Mac platforms, malware reverse engineering, or network communications
- Improving the status quo of the DFIR industry by sharing novel approaches
- Challenges to existing assumptions and methodologies that might change the industry
- New analytic techniques that can extract and analyze data more rapidly and/or at a larger scale
Benefits of Speaking
- Promotion of your speaking session and company recognition via the DFIR Summit website and all printed material
- Visibility via the DFIR post-Summit on the SANS DFIR Website
- Full conference badge to attend all Summit sessions
- Speakers can bring 1 additional attendee for free to attend the summit
- Private speakers-only networking lunches
- Speakers-only networking reception on the evening before Summit
- Continued presence and thought leadership in the community via the SANS DFIR YouTube channel
Who Should Submit
Diversity of thought is critical to any organization’s success, and SANS Summits encourage participation by everyone regardless of age, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identification. Whatever your background, whoever you are, we encourage you to respond to a CFP. We welcome people who are newer to the field or who have not yet done any public speaking, and we can provide mentoring and guidance to help you develop an impactful presentation.
Most talks will be 35 minutes of content + 5 minutes of Q&A. However, we are always interested in exploring new formats, especially for interactive learning.
Monday, March 4, 2019 | 5 pm CST
CFP Submissions must be made via our online form.